Fees vary, depending on your course choices and where you are from. For example, in 2020 the fees for South African students and students from SADC countries, for dissertation-only degrees, are:
- LLM or MPhil by dissertation: R17 680
- PhD or LLD: R21 410.
For international students there are additional registration fees and, depending on which international country you are from, an international term fee. Details are in the Fees Handbook.
It is important to note that:
- fees are payable in full, prior to registration
- these sums do not include residence fees
- late registration is subject to a penalty of R2 000
- fees are subject to annual increases, usually by approximately 10%; potential candidates should therefore consult the fee structure applicable to each new calendar year.
For further information, consult the UCT Fees Office.